by Tuere Randall
One of the most memorable touches of a wedding can be something as simple as a signature cocktail — elegant, pleasing to the eye and delicious — one that guests will be talking about and asking for the recipe long after the wedding is done. Here are two that we found on www.theplungeproject.com
The Lars Wallin Wedding Cocktail
So my favorite part about this first drink is the incorporation of “frozen roses”…so cool and classy for a wedding!
- 1 part Xanté
- 2 parts rosé wine
- .5 parts simple syrup
- .5 parts lemon juice
- 3 raspberries
- Rose petals
- Freeze clean rose heads or petals in ice cube tray.
- Shake all ingredients and strain into glass.
- Garnish with frozen rose when ready to serve; the ice will melt and the flower will “bloom”.
Raspberry White Truffle Martini
Ya know how some drinks sell you simply on the name? This was one of those drinks for me.
- 1oz whipped cream
- 2oz Sobieski Raspberry
- 4 raspberries
- Half of a fresh-squeezed Lime
- .5oz simple syrup
- In a martini shaker, add ice and all ingredients.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with 2 raspberries.
And here is another recipe that we found on http://revelryinvitations.blogspot.com/2010/06/signature-drinks-for-your-wedding.html
Wild Hibiscus Flower Garnish
2/3 oz. Wild Hibiscus Flower Syrup
5 oz champagne